Picture Source : Here.
In fact this post is inspired by Kuanhoong's post on : "Top 5 Nutrients for a Blogger to stay Healthy and Productive.", here.
USDA - United State Department of Agriculture has a very simple food pyramid algorithm for all of us to eat well.
From Wikipedia :
In general terms, the food guide pyramid recommends the following intake of different food groups each day, although exact amounts of calorie intake depends on sex, age, and lifestyle.
* 4-10 servings a day of vegetables, especially dark green vegetables and orange vegetables.
* 2-4 servings of fruit a day are required, especially fresh and frozen fruits.
* 2-3 servings of meat, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, or nuts a day, especially dry bean and peas, eggs, and nut and seeds.
* 2-3 servings of milk, cheese, yogurt or milk substitutes a day.
* Occasional use of fats, oils, and sweets, especially oils.
* 6-11 servings of grains a day, especially whole grains.
the groups are:
* Oils,sweets & fats
* Milk cheese & yogurt
* Meat fish & poultry
* Bread cereals & pasta
Full text, here.
You can even set up your own food pyramid plan : "MyPyramid Plan offers you a personal eating plan with the foods and amounts that are right for you. Click on the MyPyramid Plan box to get started.", here.
So go to the site and educate yourself on your food group and learn to eat better and be more healthy.